Sunday, August 26, 2012

Blue

"Where is she?"
"You've asked me that four times now. I'll point her out when she gets here. Enjoy the day! How often do we get time off? I feel like its been nothing but work, work, work since the humans came to this planet."
"What does she look like?"
"AJ! Calm down man! You act like you've never met a girl before."
"Sorry Anthony. I just have this feeling..." He stopped. At the top of the stair was a girl. The girl. She was framed by the archway leading inland and was, without a doubt, the most beautiful creature AJ had ever seen.
Her eyes were not the first thing AJ noticed. It wasn't until Anthony introduced them that he was able to really see them. They were turquoise blue, but it was more than just the color. The ocean around their island was blue and seemingly fathomless, but her eyes were bluer and deeper and AJ knew he would get lost in them faster than any ocean.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous discriptions! I am intrigued about this girl and is it a good thing to becomg involved woth her? . . I sense maybe not. Wonderful writing. x

Terri Giuliano Long said...

"I feel like its been nothing but work, work, work since the humans came to this planet." What a great line! I love it!